Monday, 12 March 2012

Before the journey begins

Here it is! My first blog....aaah what do I write?!
Well I'm off travelling for a bit to see some more of the world! First stop is Beijing in China then Xi'an then Shanghai down to Hong Kong stopping off at some villages along the way and a boat trip down the Yangtze river. I'll be there for about 3 weeks seeing the Great Wall of China, Tiananmen Square, the Terracotta Warriors plus trying new food and maybe learning some of the Chinese language??
In April I start a months tour of Thailand, Laos, Vietnam and Cambodia. Visiting lots and lots of places. Bangkok, Luang Prang, Vientiane, Hanoi, Hue, Ho Chi Minh City, Phnom Penh, Siem Reap to name a few! Seeing the famous reclining Buddha, sailing in a junk boat on the Mekong river, learning what happened in Angkor Wat....also learning about their culture and religion.
After all that I think I'll need a rest so I'm heading down to a small Thai island called Koh Samui. I'll be there for about 3 weeks with my friend Julia having plenty of cocktails, Thai massages and soaking up the sun! It's a hard life isn't it?!
Back to the real world (maybe) in June when I'm down to New Zealand, for a year or so, flying into Auckland! Not many plans for when I get there just seeing where the wind takes me! But definitely going to find some work and enjoy life down under.
So until next time...take care and I'll report back when in China!
Nic x

2 comments:

  1. Nicola, I'd love to hear about your unusual and funny stories; how you cope with chaos and catastrophy; what the people are like; all about the colour and the beauty.So looking forward to sharing your wonderful journey around Asia.

    ReplyDelete